Journalist and political scientist Julian Crawford was re-elected leader of the Cannabis Party at its recent AGM.
The AGM and Conference was held at Awaroa in the Abel Tasman National Park.
Crawford said he recognised the significant public support for cannabis reform.
"The political solution is ultimately the only way to resolve the cannabis issue and generate billions for New Zealand's economy."
"No party in Parliament has a policy to legalise cannabis and they lack the political will to do so."
Crawford confirmed that the Cannabis Party would be standing in the 2017 general election.
- Leader: Julian Crawford
- Deputy Leader: Alistair Gregory
- President: Abe Gray
- Secretary: Julian Crawford
- Treasurer: John Wilson
- Te iwi Maori manager: Maki Herbert
- Northland/Auckland manager: Brandon Stronge
- Central North Island manger: Jamie Dombroski
- Lower North Island manager: Jacob Myhre
- South Island manager: Giovanni Armaneo